Have you been thinking to yourself, “I will be glad when this pandemic is over so things will get back to normal?” What exactly is normal? What if working from home and wearing masks becomes the new norm? Whatever thoughts are racing through your mind, becoming more centered and focused on what means the most in your life can help to recenter you.
Rather than focusing on the things that we cannot control during this pandemic, try reflecting on what means the most in your life.
Rather than focusing on the things that we cannot control during this pandemic, try reflecting on what means the most in your life. In other words, how can we turn the anxiety and stress heightened by the COVID-19 pandemic into a motivator rather than letting it debilitate or upset us? If we look at anxiety as a thermometer rather than a debilitator, we can begin to gauge ways to help manage the stressors in our lives. Listed below are 10 ideas to help manage your anxiety:
1. Breathing Techniques
3. Finding/remodeling a space in your home or yard to relax and reflect
4. Taking a walk outside
5. Reexamining your dreams, goals and values
6. Connect with friends and family
7. Preparing a meal together
8. Playing or creating a game
9. Learning a new hobby
10. Learning a new skill and/or furthering your education